Tech entrepreneurs have one more day – or, until midnight tonight – to apply for a share of up to a $500,000 grant pool offered by LaunchKC, the grants competition for tech startups.
The deadline to file an online application is midnight, Wednesday, July 11.
“You can’t win, if you don’t enter. And, today is the deadline for entrepreneurs to enter the LaunchKC competition,” said Mike Hurd, chief marketing officer for LaunchKC, an initiative of the Downtown Council and the Economic Development Corporation.
This year marks the fourth annual LaunchKC competition for tech startup and early stage businesses. Entrepreneurs who apply by midnight today will enter a competition that could result in one of nine grants totaling up to $500,000.
“The 2018 LaunchKC grants application is available online now through midnight,” said Drew Solomon, senior vice president for business and job development at the EDC and the leader of the grants competition. “This is your opportunity to compete for a share of the grant pool.”
Entrepreneurs can apply for a LaunchKC grant online via the www.LaunchKC.org website. And, with less than 24 hours before the application window closes, Hurd offered five reasons why a budding business leader should still apply:
- Cash grants are at stake for the best startup and early stage businesses. LaunchKC will award up to eight $50,000 grants, plus one $100,000 grand prize.
- Industry-specific mentoring support coordinated by the Small Business Technology Development Center at UMKC.
- Educational programming and professional services for entrepreneurs by entrepreneurs.
- Pitching in the big show
- Following weeks of assessment, LaunchKC judges will select 20 finalists to advance to Techweek in Kansas City (Oct. 8-12), where they will make their pitches before a live judging panel and audience on Friday, Oct. 12 at Union Station.
- You can’t win, if you don’t enter
- Applications for the 2018 LaunchKC competition will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, July 11. To review the application, go to http://launchkc2018.startupcompete.co/
To apply, go to the online application … right now.
LaunchKC is an initiative of the Downtown Council of Kansas City, Missouri, working in collaboration with the Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City, Missouri.
LaunchKC and its core group of sponsors – include the Missouri Technology Corporation, along with the City of Kansas City, The Cordish Companies, Downtown Council, Dunn Family Foundation, Economic Development Corporation, Google Fiber, Husch Blackwell, ITEN, Kansas City Power & Light, the William T. Kemper Foundation, Lathrop Gage, Lead Bank, LightEdge Solutions, the Missouri Department of Economic Development, Polsinelli, RubinBrown, Spring Venture Group, Techweek and UMB Bank.
Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Fountain City Fintech, the Missouri Small Business & Technology Development Center, the Regnier Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurships, and the UMKC Bloch School of Management.