bcp tech – the technology-focused brand of Brush Creek Partners, an insurance agency based in the Crossroads Arts District – has extended an open invitation for the event that will feature four InsurTech companies participating in the second bcp tech Accelerator.
“We’re pleased to welcome these founders to Kansas City to showcase their products to our community, and also show off our city and community to these founders as they grow and expand their companies,” said Nathan Kurtz, COO of Brush Creek Partners.
This event is open to the public, free tickets are available at: https://bit.ly/3jLJhA2
This year’s cohort companies: MotionsCloud, Violet, Relay Platform and JAUNTIN’ have each been participating in a 60-day business accelerator program in Downtown KC, where each company receives one-on-one mentorship and guidance to help grow revenue, in addition to receiving access to capital markets, education and more.
“After a year of virtual programming, we’re thrilled to be able to co-host this in-person event to celebrate not only KC’s dynamic entrepreneurial community, but these hard-working companies,” said Steve Gardner, managing director of the BCP InsurTech accelerator.
Each company will present their unique insurance technology solution designed to help the independent broker improve the client experience at this culmination event. The 2021 cohort companies include an international mix:
- MotionsCloud (Lex Tan) — Helps insurance carriers, brokers, and agencies to streamline and automate the inspection process, powered by computer vision and augmented reality technologies; helps companies to cut inspection time and costs by 75 percent. Recently closed a $2 million round.
- Violet (Sonny Patel) — Creator of Violet, an AI chatbot that helps insurance providers, carriers, agencies and brokers automate sales claims and customer service. Raising a seed round this fall. • Relay Platform (Anne Hasenstab), Portland, Oregon — SaaS-based submission, quote and proposal management system, with highly customized solutions for clients up to complex risk. Closed a seed round led by Drive Capital in Columbus in April.
- JAUNTIN’ (David Robinson) — Enables on-demand and embedded insurance, allowing carriers and brokers to intercept customers during the purchase path of third-party platforms and websites — think niche markets like special event insurance dealing with venues and weddings. Currently raising a round.
In addition, five of the companies that participated in the BCP InsurTech 2020 accelerator will also be in attendance including Trust Layer, Relativity6, GloveBox, Protosure, and Wunderite.
- Trust Layer — a collaborative risk management platform that helps reduce friction between businesses by automating the verification of insurance, licenses, and compliance documents.
- Relativity6 — a machine learning platform that enables enterprise companies to accurately predict behaviors.
- GloveBox — a centralized mobile and web application allowing insurance policy holders to access their policy documents, pay a bill, initiate a claim, and more.
- Protosure – a cloud-based, programming-free platform to submit, underwrite, rate, quote, and issue policies.
- Wunderite – shortens an agent’s sales cycle, automates internal processes, and delivers a delightful customer experience.
ABOUT THE PARTNERS…
LaunchKC, co-founded by the Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City, Missouri (EDCKC) and Downtown Council (DTC), continues to see momentum, wrapping up its seventh year, having invested in more than $2.5 million dollars in cash grants to attract or retain 48 tech startups in Kansas City, as well as continuing to strengthen its mentorship ecosystem.
Over its seven-year history, LaunchKC has received more than 2,000 applications from interested start-ups from 25 states and 10 countries throughout the years and led to the creation of more than 500 jobs.
The BCP InsurTech Accelerator, an innovation and technology arm of Brush Creek Partners, helps technology companies receive direct, authentic customer feedback to accelerate these companies’ growth. Brush Creek Partners is a full-service independent insurance agency headquartered in Kansas City, MO. As a tech-forward agency, Brush Creek utilizes technology to better serve its teammates, clients and carrier partners.
Past LaunchKC programming, which is now under the leadership of Keystone Labs – an initiative of the Keystone Innovation District – includes the Launch Health accelerator with Nueterra Capital (fall of 2019). Black & Veatch’s IgniteX COVID-19 Response Accelerator (spring 2020), and CleanTech accelerator (2019). Additional LaunchKC programming is planned for 2022.