The fourth annual Techweek Kansas City conference continues today, at Union Station and other KC locations will be hubs of innovation, discussion and inspiration now through Friday.. If you haven’t already made plans to attend, it’s worth rearranging your schedule.
Our friends at the KC Digital Drive have 5 reasons why:
5. Learn something new: Smart City development, blockchain, FinTech, big data, diversity and inclusion in technology—there’s no shortage of topics discussed during panels, keynotes and presentations throughout the week. See the schedule.
4. Solve a problem: Are you struggling with a work-related problem that technology could solve? Techweek KC includes the Techweek KC EXPO, a mini tradeshow floor – from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today (Tuesday) and Wednesday – that showcases solutions and capabilities from companies ranging from start-ups to enterprise-level.
3. Cheer on local entrepreneurs: Both BetaBlox and Techstars will host demo days during Techweek, giving early-stage entrepreneurs a chance to showcase their companies. Who knows—you might very well see The Next Big Thing in Tech right here in Kansas City! Plus, the LaunchKC grants competition will award grants to start-up businesses (Friday), and you’ll get to see it all unfold at Techweek KC.
2. Expand your network: Just think—during Techweek KC, you’ll not only be able to mix and mingle with local leaders, entrepreneurs and stakeholders, but you’ll also have a chance to talk with national innovators who are leading the way at companies like Google and NASA. Keep those business cards handy!
1. Make lasting change: One of the best things about Techweek KC is that it sets the stage not only for learning, but also for action—and you can join in. On Wednesday, for example, a day-long track will be dedicated to diversity and inclusion in tech entrepreneurship, including how to build inclusive ecosystems. The tech industry is often slowed down by too much talk and too many buzzwords. Instead, at Techweek KC, you’ll have a rare opportunity to cut through the noise and make things happen.
There you have it! Five great reasons to attend Techweek this week. See you there!
Buy Tickets (use code artechbbq for 50% off)
P.S. Students get in free (use code CollegeKC)
See you there!